- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- International Students
- Transfer Students
- College Credit Plus
- Online Tour
- Visit Campus
- Admission Requirements
- General Undergraduate Requirements
- International Undergraduate Requirements
- Readmission Requirements
- Special Non-Degree Seeking Requirements
- Transfer Applicant Requirements
- Visiting Applicant Requirements
- Graduate Requirements
- Post Baccalaureate & Endorsement Requirements
- College Credit Plus Student Requirements
- College Credit Plus Teacher Requirements
- Orientation & Welcome Weekend
- Apply Now
- The Admissions Team
- Associate Degree Majors
- Bachelor's Degree Majors
- Adolescent to Young Adult Education (7-12)
- American Education Studies
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice Administration
- Early Childhood Education (PK-3)
- Environmental Science
- Exercise Science
- Health Sciences
- Information Systems
- Intervention Specialist K-12
- Liberal Studies
- Middle Childhood Education (4-9)
- Sport Management
- Master's Degrees
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice Administration
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- M.S. in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN-FNP)
- M.S. in Nursing (MSN)
- M.S. Computer Science
- M.S. Instructional Design & Learning Technology
- M.S. Marketing & Communication
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Business Psychology
- M.S. in Human Resource Management
- MBA with an Emphasis in Healthcare
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Public Administration
- Doctoral Degrees
- Certificate Programs
- Teacher Licensure Programs (Non-Degree)
- Honors Program
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Student Life
- Activities & Recreation
- Residence Halls
- Dining Services
- Campus Safety
- Student Services
- Activities & Recreation
- About Us
Why Use the Databases?
Research Made Easy
The databases improve the quality of your papers because they contain credible and reliable sources. Many classes and programs require the use of scholarly sources like the ones found in the databases.
There are many databases to choose from including specialized databases such as:
- Business Source Complete
- Education Research Complete
- Sociological Collection
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection
Need help? Stop by, call 937-772-9313, or email the Library at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need Assistance? Get in Touch.
- Go to www.urbana.edu and click on the "Library" icon at the bottom left.
- Click on "Learn More" under "Library Search."
- Scroll down and click on "Listed by Database Name" under "Databases."
- Click "Academic Search Complete." (Researching off campus? Enter your user name and password in the "Urbana University Login" box and click "Submit.".)
- Type your search topic in the box at the top.
- Scroll down to "Limit your results" and check the "Full Text" box so your search brings up articles you can print. If your article needs to be "scholarly," check the "Scholarly (Peer Reviewed) Journals" box.
- If you want to find an article in a specific journal, type the journal title in the “Publication” box.
- If you would like the articles to be from a certain time period, fill in the “Published Date” boxes.
- When you have checked/filled in all the necessary boxes, click on the “Search” button at the bottom or top of the page. This will bring up a list of full text articles.
- Click on the article title to read the abstract and determine if it meets your research needs.
- Click on "PDF Full Text" on the left to bring up the article.
- Click the print button inside the PDF window to print a copy of the article. (PDF full-text articles will print as originally formatted, but HTML full-text articles will not.)
- Click on “Cite” on the right side of the abstract screen to see a list of copy/paste citations in different formats (MLA, APA, etc.).