Skip to main content
Transfer Students

Transferring to Urbana: It's Not Too Late To Be A Blue Knight

Admission Information to Make Your Transition Simple

Attending a community college? Looking to make a change from your current college or university? Just think becoming a Blue Knight would be really awesome? Whatever your reason, Urbana University makes transferring easy.

We believe in our students – they each have something unique to bring to our campus community. Get ready to bring your fresh perspectives to Urbana by submitting your online transfer application at any time. Just remember: Your application isn’t considered complete until you’ve turned in your ACT/SAT scores and transcripts. 

Undergraduate Admission Process >

Already accepted?

Check out our Accepted Students page to learn more about life at Urbana and what you’ll need to do before attending the University. 

Accepted Students >

Learn More About Getting Started at Urbana

Request Information

Contact us
(937) 772-9239
800.7.URBANA (toll free)

Articulation Agreements

A handshake between schools means a seamless transfer for you

An articulation agreement is an officially approved agreement between two that lets you apply credits you earned in specific programs at one institution toward an Urbana University degree. It makes transferring to Urbana from another school more seamless than ever before.

Urbana University currently has articulation agreements in place with these two-year institutions:

  • Clark State Community College
  • Sinclair Community College
  • Edison Community College*
  • Columbus State Community College
  • Rhodes State Community College* 

*What’s more, Urbana University also holds a “dual admissions agreement” with Rhodes State and Edison Community College. That means if you transfer from Rhodes or Edison with less than 48 semester hours earned there, you can take up to four classes at Urbana University at your old community college tuition rate! It’s all part of keeping your Urbana education affordable.

Get Started Today!

Admission Requirements

Students who have attended another college or university may seek admission and transfer to Urbana University at any time!

Transfer Applicant Admission Requirements/Materials:

  1. Documentation of high school graduation or equivalence is required for applicants who are transferring fewer than 24 semester hours that apply towards a degree. 
  2. If the student has transferable hours of 24 credit hours or more from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, then they will not have to provide a high school diploma or equivalence.

    Acceptable forms of documentation of high school graduation or high school equivalence for undergraduate admission must include one of the following: 
  • Official high school transcript listing the date of graduation  Official GED certificate 
  • Official documentation of having passed a State High School Equivalency examination 
  • Official documentation of a home school completion certificate/transcript 
  • Official transcripts from all educational institutions (college, universities, professional schools, etc.) attended

Related Pages