- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- International Students
- Transfer Students
- College Credit Plus
- Online Tour
- Visit Campus
- Admission Requirements
- General Undergraduate Requirements
- International Undergraduate Requirements
- Readmission Requirements
- Special Non-Degree Seeking Requirements
- Transfer Applicant Requirements
- Visiting Applicant Requirements
- Graduate Requirements
- Post Baccalaureate & Endorsement Requirements
- College Credit Plus Student Requirements
- College Credit Plus Teacher Requirements
- Orientation & Welcome Weekend
- Apply Now
- The Admissions Team
- Associate Degree Majors
- Bachelor's Degree Majors
- Adolescent to Young Adult Education (7-12)
- American Education Studies
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice Administration
- Early Childhood Education (PK-3)
- Environmental Science
- Exercise Science
- Health Sciences
- Information Systems
- Intervention Specialist K-12
- Liberal Studies
- Middle Childhood Education (4-9)
- Sport Management
- Master's Degrees
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice Administration
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- M.S. in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN-FNP)
- M.S. in Nursing (MSN)
- M.S. Computer Science
- M.S. Instructional Design & Learning Technology
- M.S. Marketing & Communication
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Business Psychology
- M.S. in Human Resource Management
- MBA with an Emphasis in Healthcare
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Public Administration
- Doctoral Degrees
- Certificate Programs
- Teacher Licensure Programs (Non-Degree)
- Honors Program
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Student Life
- Activities & Recreation
- Residence Halls
- Dining Services
- Campus Safety
- Student Services
- Activities & Recreation
- About Us
Early Childhood Generalist Endorsement Preparation: It’s Time
Want to expand your current teaching licensure and broaden your employment opportunities? Earn a Generalist Endorsement and expand your teaching opportunities!
If you already have an Ohio teaching license in Early Childhood Education (PK to grade 3), the grade 4-5 generalist endorsement allows you to expand the scope of your licensure to include all content areas for grades 4-5.
If you already have an Ohio teaching license in Middle Childhood Education (grades 4-9), the grade 4-6 generalist endorsement allows you to expand the scope of your licensure to include the remaining 2 core content areas for grades 4-6.
Earn Generalist Endorsement and Expand Your Teaching Opportunities
Grade 4-5 Generalist Endorsement
Urbana University’s grade 4-5 generalist program offers flexibility for the organized and motivated working adult. Courses are offered online in 8 week sessions during spring and summer.
Grade 4-5 Generalist Endorsement students must hold an Early Childhood Teaching License. The program consists of a 3 course sequence of 3 hours each. A total of 50 field hours in a 4th or 5th grade classroom are required. Working teachers may use conference or planning time to complete the field component in their current district.
Grade 4-6 Generalist Endorsement
Urbana University’s grade 4-6 program offers flexibility for the organized and motivated working adult. Courses are offered online in 8 week sessions during spring and summer.
Grade 4-6 Generalist Endorsement students must hold a Middle Childhood Teaching License. The program consists of a 2 course sequence of 6 hours each. A total of 50 field hours in a 4th, 5th or 6th grade classrooms are required. These must be focused on the content areas where the endorsements will be added. Working teachers may use conference or planning time to complete the field component in their current district.
Urbana’s Educator Preparation programs offer students who have completed a bachelor’s degree the opportunity to complete the pedagogical and specialized content coursework needed to apply for a Resident Educator initial license.
Educator Preparation Programs Admission Requirements/Materials:
- Completed undergraduate application
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited institution
- Official college transcript from any institution where coursework was completed
Get Started Today!
Requirements for licensure vary from one profession to another and from state to state. If you are considering an online academic program that leads to a professional license in your state, it is highly recommended that you contact the appropriate licensing agency in your home state BEFORE beginning the academic program located outside your state. Academic programs and individual graduates must meet standards set by that state in order to be eligible for a license. Eligibility for licensure and/or certification may involve more than successful degree completion. If you are interested in professional licensure, please check with the appropriate licensing body in the state where you intend to practice.
For more information regarding whether this program leads to professional licensure, please visit Urbana University’s Professional Licensure Disclosure webpage.