- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- International Students
- Transfer Students
- College Credit Plus
- Online Tour
- Visit Campus
- Admission Requirements
- General Undergraduate Requirements
- International Undergraduate Requirements
- Readmission Requirements
- Special Non-Degree Seeking Requirements
- Transfer Applicant Requirements
- Visiting Applicant Requirements
- Master of Business Administration Requirements
- Master of Education in Classroom Teaching Requirements
- Master of Science in Nursing Requirements
- MBA with an Emphasis in Healthcare Requirements
- International Graduate Requirements
- Graduate Certificate Requirements
- Post Baccalaureate & Endorsement Requirements
- College Credit Plus Student Requirements
- College Credit Plus Teacher Requirements
- Orientation & Welcome Weekend
- Apply Now
- The Admissions Team
- Associate Degree Majors
- Bachelor's Degree Majors
- Adolescent to Young Adult Education (7-12)
- American Education Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education (PK-3)
- Exercise Science
- Information Systems
- Intervention Specialist K-12
- Liberal Studies
- Middle Childhood Education (4-9)
- Sport Management
- Strategic Management
- Master's Degrees
- Certificate Programs
- Post Baccalaureate
- College of Arts, Sciences & Education
- College of Professional & Applied Studies
- Honors Program
- Online Degrees
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Student Life
- Activities & Recreation
- Residence Halls
- Dining Services
- Campus Safety
- Student Services
- Activities & Recreation
- About Us
Student Success Center
Get the academic support you need to succeed
The Student Success Center provides services and resources that enhance classroom instruction. Peer tutors teach students the skills and strategies to help them to become independent and active learners in order to achieve academic success.
At the Student Success Center, you’ll find:
- Help with study skills, organization and learning technology (including Self-Service and TurnItIn)
- Proofreading services to perfect your papers
- A textbook library for in-house use and short-term check-out
- Robust disability services including proctoring exams and tutoring
Learn More About the Student Success Center
In order to maintain a positive learning space in the Student Success Center, please follow these guidelines:
- Please sign the clipboard upon entering the Student Success Center.
- No children are allowed in the Student Success Center.
- Textbooks must stay in the Student Success Center unless checked out (see Textbooks).
- Cell phones must be on silent or vibrate so as not to disrupt others studying.
- Tutors will not do assignments for students.
- Computers are for academic use only.
- No use of obscene or offensive language.
- Notify the Student Success Center if you have to cancel your scheduled appointment.
- When meeting tutors, bring all materials needed such as textbooks, notes, printed papers, etc.
- Papers will not be checked from computer or laptop monitors; a printed copy must be presented.
The Student Success Center has a small library that contains textbooks, mainly for core classes. They are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Student Success Center textbooks are cataloged through the Urbana University library. To see if a particular book is available to use at the Success Center, you can go to the online library catalog or visit or call the Center.
Textbook Lending Rules
- Books may only be taken out of the Student Success Center for class time.
- Books can be used inside the Student Success Center at anytime.
- A book must always be signed out before it can be taken out of the Student Success Center. Your Student ID will be kept until the book is returned.
Consequences of Misuse
- If a book is not returned within three hours, the student will be given a verbal warning.
- On the second offense, the student will no longer be allowed to check out that textbook for one week.
- On the third offense, the student will no longer be allowed to check out that textbook for the remainder of the semester. The student will only be able to use the textbook in the Student Success Center.
Get Started Today!