- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- International Students
- Transfer Students
- College Credit Plus
- Online Tour
- Visit Campus
- Admission Requirements
- General Undergraduate Requirements
- International Undergraduate Requirements
- Readmission Requirements
- Special Non-Degree Seeking Requirements
- Transfer Applicant Requirements
- Visiting Applicant Requirements
- Master of Business Administration Requirements
- Master of Education in Classroom Teaching Requirements
- Master of Science in Nursing Requirements
- MBA with an Emphasis in Healthcare Requirements
- International Graduate Requirements
- Graduate Certificate Requirements
- Post Baccalaureate & Endorsement Requirements
- College Credit Plus Student Requirements
- College Credit Plus Teacher Requirements
- Orientation & Welcome Weekend
- Apply Now
- The Admissions Team
- Associate Degree Majors
- Bachelor's Degree Majors
- Adolescent to Young Adult Education (7-12)
- Early Childhood Education (PK-3)
- American Education Studies
- Business Management
- Communication Arts
- Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Leadership
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Exercise Science
- Family Studies
- Human Services Leadership
- Intervention Specialist K-12
- Liberal Studies
- Middle Childhood Education (4-9)
- Political Science
- Sports Management
- Strategic Management
- Master's Degrees
- Certificate Programs
- Post Baccalaureate
- College of Arts, Sciences & Education
- College of Professional & Applied Studies
- Honors Program
- Online Degrees
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Student Life
- Activities & Recreation
- Residence Halls
- Dining Services
- Campus Safety
- Student Services
- Activities & Recreation
- About Us
Academic Honor Societies
Prestige. Recognition. Relationships. Find them here.
Our nationally recognized Academic Honor Societies can really give you a leg up as an Urbana student. By joining an Academic Honor Society at UU, you’ll enrich your educational experience and set the stage for career success after graduation.
Especially for rockstar juniors, seniors and graduates.
The largest academic group on campus, Alpha Chi is an interdisciplinary, national scholastic honor society that promotes academic excellence and exemplary character for students. Alpha Chi is a coeducational academic honor society. Since 1922 its purpose has been to promote academic excellence and exemplary character among college and university students and to honor those who achieve such distinction. Juniors, seniors and graduate students who are in the top 10 percent of their class are encouraged to join.
This is high drama at its best.
Have a flair for the dramatic arts? Alpha Psi Omega is for you! It’s an American recognition honor society for participants in collegiate theatre. Scholarships are available!
Adult students unite!
Alpha Sigma Lambda recognizes academically outstanding adult students in higher education who come together to celebrate scholarship and leadership. Students interested in attaining membership in Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society must attend a regionally accredited college or university that offers two- or four-year degrees to non-traditional/adult students.
Education is the key.
Kappa Delta Pi (KDP) is an international honor society that fosters excellence in education and promotes fellowship among those dedicated to teaching. For more than 100 years, the Society has consistently grown to a membership that exceeds 1.2 million worldwide!
Be a crystal clear communicator.
Lambda Pi Eta is the National Communication Association's official honor society. This is for students majoring in communication arts and related areas at four-year colleges and universities. The organization recognizes, fosters, and rewards your outstanding scholastic achievement and provides opportunities for growth in the communication discipline.
It’s all business in here.
Sigma Beta Delta is an International honor society recognizing and promoting achievement in business, management and administration. You’ll enjoy a fellowship program, networking opportunities and Lifetime contact through publications and events.
Live to write, write to live.
Sigma Tau Delta is an international collegiate honor society for students of English at four-year colleges and universities. It exists to confer distinction for high achievement in English language, literature, and writing – and it’s a great opportunity for any student looking to make a career of wordsmithing.
Get Started Today!