- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- International Students
- Transfer Students
- College Credit Plus
- Online Tour
- Visit Campus
- Admission Requirements
- General Undergraduate Requirements
- International Undergraduate Requirements
- Readmission Requirements
- Special Non-Degree Seeking Requirements
- Transfer Applicant Requirements
- Visiting Applicant Requirements
- Master of Business Administration Requirements
- Master of Science in Nursing Requirements
- MBA with an Emphasis in Healthcare Requirements
- International Graduate Requirements
- Graduate Certificate Requirements
- Post Baccalaureate & Endorsement Requirements
- College Credit Plus Student Requirements
- College Credit Plus Teacher Requirements
- Orientation & Welcome Weekend
- Apply Now
- The Admissions Team
- Associate Degree Majors
- Bachelor's Degree Majors
- Adolescent to Young Adult Education (7-12)
- American Education Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education (PK-3)
- Exercise Science
- Information Systems
- Intervention Specialist K-12
- Liberal Studies
- Middle Childhood Education (4-9)
- Sport Management
- Strategic Management
- Master's Degrees
- Certificate Programs
- Post Baccalaureate
- College of Arts, Sciences & Education
- Honors Program
- Online Degrees
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Student Life
- Activities & Recreation
- Residence Halls
- Dining Services
- Campus Safety
- Student Services
- Activities & Recreation
- About Us
Graduate Program Admission Information
Go above and beyond with a graduate degree from Urbana
If you’re looking to become a part of a community where you’ll take your learnings to the next level, look no further than Urbana. Here, each professor, staff member and student plays an important role. And as a graduate student, you’ll be at the forefront of our diverse academic hub – leading the way.
Choose from four graduate programs – Business Administration, Classroom Teaching, Healthcare Administration, or Nursing. No matter your choice, you’ll discover personalized attention and a welcoming, supportive faculty.
Additionally, a Division II athletic program and three intercollegiate club sports await at Urbana. So if you’re interested in wearing a Blue Knights uniform or just cheering from afar, you’ll feel like a part of the team.
It’s important to us that a diverse group of individuals make up our student body. We want it to mirror the real world, the workplace, and the communities our students come from. That’s why we accept people from all backgrounds and walks of life.
Every applicant has the ability to bring something new and fresh to our University – and we love seeing how everyone’s talents come together to make us who we are. It’s a pretty special thing.
Your online application can be submitted at any time, though your application is not considered complete until after we’ve received and evaluated your transcripts.
- If you’ve got all the information at your fingertips, the Urbana application can be completed in less than 2 hours. If you don’t, you can still start your application and save your information, allowing you to complete your application in stages. Just remember: saving your application doesn’t mean you’ve submitted it!
- Please factor in 7-10 days for your previous school to process and deliver your transcripts to us.
As part of the graduate admission process, we’ll need your transcripts from the institution where you earned your bachelor’s degree and transcripts from any institution where you took previous graduate coursework. Additional details below:
- For transcripts to be considered official, they must be sent directly from each institution to Urbana University.
- If you’ve completed any coursework at a school outside of the United States, official transcripts must be sent from that institution. Foreign language documents will also need to be translated into English by the issuing institution, an authorized translator or a teacher of the language.
- Transcripts can be sent electronically through Parchment Exchange or mailed to the Admissions Office address below.
- As part of the graduate admission process, you’ll also need to provide:
- A résumé
- A personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation from professors and/or employers
Send all documentation – including transcripts to:
579 College Way
Urbana, OH 43078
Students can email their personal statement and letters of recommendation to email@example.com.
Along with the documentation mentioned above, International students will also need to submit:
- Official college transcripts from any institution where postsecondary coursework was completed (translated into English)
- Bank statement demonstrating available funds equal to 1 year of tuition, room and board, fees and personal expenses (in U.S. dollars)
- Immunization records (translated into English)
- Copy of current passport
- Copy of college or university diploma
- English language proficiency scores
Along with the documentation mentioned above, Nursing students will also need to:
- Have been employed as a registered nurse (RN) for 1 year full-time or 2 years part-time prior to application to the program
- Pass a background check
- Submit a current, unrestricted RN license
- Submit a validation of current immunizations and negative TB test
- Submit health assessment documentation
- Submit current CPR certification
Graduate school is within reach
Education is a great investment in you and your career. Which is why we’re committed to working with you to identify ways to help make it fit your budget.
The first step to receiving financial aid (grants, loans and work-study funds) is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Once your FAFSA is processed, you’ll receive an Expected Family Contribution (EFC), which is used to figure out how much aid you can get.
After you’ve completed your admission application, you’ll then need to apply for financial aid and scholarships.
Use the Urbana University school code “003133” on your FAFSA submission to ensure we receive your scores.
Before starting your FAFSA, equip yourself with the information you’ll need. This includes:
- Your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID
- Your Social Security number
- Your driver’s license number
- You (and/or your parents’) tax records, untaxed income and asset records
- The Urbana University school code (003133)
Important Note: We can only receive your FAFSA information if you have applied to Urbana and identified Urbana University as an institution on your FAFSA application.
Learn More About The Financial Aid Process >
Reasons You Should Complete The FAFSA >
Learn More About Completing Your FAFSA >
Learn More About Scholarships >
You’re in! Welcome to Urbana U
You applied. You met the requirements. You have an email acceptance letter to prove it.
You’ll receive your graduate program acceptance letter by email. It contains plenty of helpful information, including contact information for your graduate advisor and next steps to take to sign up for your classes using our Urbana’s self-service system.
Confirm your acceptance and intent to attend Urbana by mailing in your Admission deposit. If you plan to live on campus, you will also need to provide a Housing deposit. Doing this in advance will guarantee you a spot in your graduate program.
Once we’ve received your deposit(s) your admissions counselor will be in touch to help you walk through any questions you may have plus any remaining paperwork.
The information you receive after you’ve confirmed your acceptance depends on your specific graduate program. For some, you’ll receive an acceptance packet in the mail. For others, you’ll receive a follow-up email from an admissions counselor that will include detailed information about your next steps.
If you have any questions please contact the Admissions Office for assistance. We’re here to help!
At this time, we’re only able to accept Admissions deposit payments by cash or check. We do not accept credit cards.
Set your sights on success
Registering for classes is simple. Just log on to self-service to pick and choose your classes.
Should you have any questions, contact your graduate counselor who will help you wrap up any loose ends so you’re fully prepared to begin your graduate studies with us.
Get Started Today!