- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- International Students
- Transfer Students
- College Credit Plus
- Online Tour
- Visit Campus
- Admission Requirements
- General Undergraduate Requirements
- International Undergraduate Requirements
- Readmission Requirements
- Special Non-Degree Seeking Requirements
- Transfer Applicant Requirements
- Visiting Applicant Requirements
- Master of Business Administration Requirements
- Master of Science in Nursing Requirements
- MBA with an Emphasis in Healthcare Requirements
- International Graduate Requirements
- Graduate Certificate Requirements
- Post Baccalaureate & Endorsement Requirements
- College Credit Plus Student Requirements
- College Credit Plus Teacher Requirements
- Orientation & Welcome Weekend
- Apply Now
- The Admissions Team
- Associate Degree Majors
- Bachelor's Degree Majors
- Adolescent to Young Adult Education (7-12)
- American Education Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education (PK-3)
- Exercise Science
- Information Systems
- Intervention Specialist K-12
- Liberal Studies
- Middle Childhood Education (4-9)
- Sport Management
- Strategic Management
- Master's Degrees
- Certificate Programs
- Post Baccalaureate
- College of Arts, Sciences & Education
- Honors Program
- Online Degrees
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Student Life
- Activities & Recreation
- Residence Halls
- Dining Services
- Campus Safety
- Student Services
- Activities & Recreation
- About Us
Earn Your Criminal Justice Master’s Degree Online
As our society evolves, so does the threat to law and order. From policing practices to the prevention and prosecution of cybercrime, today’s criminal justice leaders are in uncharted territory. Franklin University’s M.A. in Criminal Justice Administration enables you to tackle critical issues facing individuals and communities with advanced leadership and management skills ideally suited for a complex criminal justice system.
Learn from the Best
You’ll benefit from the experience of your instructors – seasoned, in-field practitioners, who will guide you through the study and evaluation of trending criminal justice topics throughout the program.
New for Winter 2018
M.A. in Criminal Justice Administration
As a branch campus of Franklin University, Urbana University is proud to collaborate in the launch of a new master’s degree in Criminal Justice Administration available 100 percent online.
Applications are now being accepted for the February 2018 start date. Learn more about the program, including admission requirements and tuition information.
Develop industry knowledge and needed skills to advance in your field
The M.A. in Criminal Justice Administration arms in-career professionals with a comprehensive understanding of the criminal justice system. Theory-to-practice coursework equips graduates to apply knowledge to solve present-day challenges at the local, state or federal level.
For more seasoned professionals, the M.A. in Criminal Justice Administration is a valuable pathway to teaching at the community college level after retirement.
Apply criminal justice theories to the development of effective and sustainable criminal justice programs.
Identify the general structure of criminal justice agencies.
Demonstrate writing and research skills that will assist in securing funding to sustain and expand criminal justice programming.
Evaluate critical issues in criminal justice administration and management.
Develop policies and procedures relevant to the administration and management of criminal justice agencies.