- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- International Students
- Transfer Students
- College Credit Plus
- Online Tour
- Visit Campus
- Admission Requirements
- General Undergraduate Requirements
- International Undergraduate Requirements
- Readmission Requirements
- Special Non-Degree Seeking Requirements
- Transfer Applicant Requirements
- Visiting Applicant Requirements
- Master of Business Administration Requirements
- Master of Education in Classroom Teaching Requirements
- Master of Science in Nursing Requirements
- MBA with an Emphasis in Healthcare Requirements
- International Graduate Requirements
- Graduate Certificate Requirements
- Post Baccalaureate & Endorsement Requirements
- College Credit Plus Student Requirements
- College Credit Plus Teacher Requirements
- Orientation & Welcome Weekend
- Apply Now
- The Admissions Team
- Associate Degree Majors
- Bachelor's Degree Majors
- Adolescent to Young Adult Education (7-12)
- American Education Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education (PK-3)
- Exercise Science
- Information Systems
- Intervention Specialist K-12
- Liberal Studies
- Middle Childhood Education (4-9)
- Sport Management
- Strategic Management
- Master's Degrees
- Certificate Programs
- Post Baccalaureate
- College of Arts, Sciences & Education
- Honors Program
- Online Degrees
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Student Life
- Activities & Recreation
- Residence Halls
- Dining Services
- Campus Safety
- Student Services
- Activities & Recreation
- About Us
Study Sustainability Management Online with Our Certificate Program
Sustainability management focuses on providing you with an environmental science education focused on how to manage natural resources. We challenge you to take the “green” movement to the next level with a focus on assessing renewable resources and building socially responsible and economically respectful programs.
With a sustainability management certificate, you’ll learn how to conserve water, energy and more – and how to defend, protect and effectively manage these resources for optimal and appropriate use.
Study Public Environmental Policy with Our Relevant Program
When you study sustainability management at Urbana U, you’re getting a contemporary, relevant education. Designed to meet the needs of busy professionals, the accelerated format allows you to complete the certificate in as little as one semester and online courses provide flexible scheduling of certificate program completion from anywhere in the world — on your time, on your schedule.
Dr. Tingting Cai
Dr. Tingting Cai has a passion for environmental science, sustainability science and ecology. A published sustainability and ecological researcher, Dr. Cai was recently awarded two grants from the state of Ohio to work alongside nonprofits in Champaign County to encourage environmental education.
What Can You Do with a Sustainability Management Certificate?
Part of the Sustainability Management certificate is to teach you to account for what resources are used and how much can be saved – both monetarily and from a natural resources standpoint.
You’ll gain skills and knowledge on how to save money that will benefit companies that are passionate about sustainability and social responsibility. The Sustainability Management certificate is a great way to build upon your bachelor's degree and tailor your education around your interests. You can also apply credits earned as part of the Sustainability Management certificate to Urbana University's MBA program.
Each graduate applicant is evaluated based upon program admission factors. These factors include but are not limited to the undergraduate education experience, which should demonstrate strong academic performance, letters of recommendation, and previous work and learning experiences. These factors help to identify those students who possess the ability and motivation to benefit from enrollment in Urbana University’s graduate programs.
Graduate Certificate Program Admission Requirements/Materials:
- Only open to residents of Ohio
- Completed graduate application
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited institution
- Official college transcript(s) demonstrating a required 2.7 cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale
Get Started Today!