- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- International Students
- Transfer Students
- College Credit Plus
- Online Tour
- Visit Campus
- Admission Requirements
- General Undergraduate Requirements
- International Undergraduate Requirements
- Readmission Requirements
- Special Non-Degree Seeking Requirements
- Transfer Applicant Requirements
- Visiting Applicant Requirements
- Master of Business Administration Requirements
- Master of Education in Classroom Teaching Requirements
- Master of Science in Nursing Requirements
- MBA with an Emphasis in Healthcare Requirements
- International Graduate Requirements
- Graduate Certificate Requirements
- Post Baccalaureate & Endorsement Requirements
- College Credit Plus Student Requirements
- College Credit Plus Teacher Requirements
- Orientation & Welcome Weekend
- Apply Now
- The Admissions Team
- Associate Degree Majors
- Bachelor's Degree Majors
- Adolescent to Young Adult Education (7-12)
- American Education Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education (PK-3)
- Exercise Science
- Information Systems
- Intervention Specialist K-12
- Liberal Studies
- Middle Childhood Education (4-9)
- Sport Management
- Strategic Management
- Master's Degrees
- Certificate Programs
- Post Baccalaureate
- College of Arts, Sciences & Education
- Honors Program
- Online Degrees
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Student Life
- Activities & Recreation
- Residence Halls
- Dining Services
- Campus Safety
- Student Services
- Activities & Recreation
- About Us
Learn About Our Teacher Education Graduate Certificate Program
Throughout the world, the need for experienced and effective teachers is paramount to the growth and development of society. In an integral field like education, it’s important that educators work to hone their skills and acquire the expertise they need to positively impact the students of today and tomorrow.
The online Advanced Professional Teacher Education graduate certificate at Urbana University is designed to do just that.
Whether you’re a current teacher trying to enhance your existing abilities or looking to develop a new area of specialization, this certificate program will provide you with the knowledge you need to fine-tune your career and stay in step with relevant teaching techniques.
Earn a Certificate designed to Grow Your Potential as a Teacher
This 15-credit hour certificate program has been specifically constructed to provide you with foundational knowledge in a number of key educational areas, including effective educator competencies, student learning theory, and evaluation and assessment.
You’ll learn to develop and manage an effective learning environment by employing strategies and techniques that engage and challenge students, all while considering factors such as age, race, ethnicity, and culture. You will also gain an understanding of different learning theories and how they can be applied to the classroom.
Finally, you’ll learn how to employ tests, surveys, data sets, and other assessment tools to evaluate a course or program for effectiveness. As a result, you’ll be able to interpret findings and make recommendations for improvement.
Tailor Your Education Around Your Teaching Needs
By choosing to take courses in either mathematics, sciences or English language, you’ll build knowledge in the particular subject area that best meets your educational and professional needs.
Regardless of your content focus, you’ll be exposed to emerging trends in that area and learn best practices for curriculum and teaching design, including the impact of technology and learning resources on specific age groups.
Engaging students in high quality content learning activities that help them to develop strong skills and conceptual understanding
Demonstrating high quality standards-based content teaching practices
Providing engaging explorations of content using appropriate technology
Connecting research in content education to educational practice
Evaluating and assessing student learning through different instructional models
Enhancing specific content knowledge appropriate for different student age groups
Each graduate applicant is evaluated based upon program admission factors. These factors include but are not limited to the undergraduate education experience, which should demonstrate strong academic performance, letters of recommendation, and previous work and learning experiences. These factors help to identify those students who possess the ability and motivation to benefit from enrollment in Urbana University’s graduate programs.
Graduate Certificate Program Admission Requirements/Materials:
- Only open to residents of Ohio
- Completed graduate application
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited institution
- Official college transcript(s) demonstrating a required 2.7 cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale
Get Started Today!