- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- International Students
- Transfer Students
- College Credit Plus
- Online Tour
- Visit Campus
- Admission Requirements
- General Undergraduate Requirements
- International Undergraduate Requirements
- Readmission Requirements
- Special Non-Degree Seeking Requirements
- Transfer Applicant Requirements
- Visiting Applicant Requirements
- Master of Business Administration Requirements
- Master of Education in Classroom Teaching Requirements
- Master of Science in Nursing Requirements
- MBA with an Emphasis in Healthcare Requirements
- International Graduate Requirements
- Graduate Certificate Requirements
- Post Baccalaureate & Endorsement Requirements
- College Credit Plus Student Requirements
- College Credit Plus Teacher Requirements
- Orientation & Welcome Weekend
- Apply Now
- The Admissions Team
- Associate Degree Majors
- Bachelor's Degree Majors
- Adolescent to Young Adult Education (7-12)
- American Education Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education (PK-3)
- Exercise Science
- Information Systems
- Intervention Specialist K-12
- Liberal Studies
- Middle Childhood Education (4-9)
- Sport Management
- Strategic Management
- Master's Degrees
- Certificate Programs
- Post Baccalaureate
- College of Arts, Sciences & Education
- Honors Program
- Online Degrees
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Student Life
- Activities & Recreation
- Residence Halls
- Dining Services
- Campus Safety
- Student Services
- Activities & Recreation
- About Us
Campus Security Manager
- Full Time
- Main Campus
Urbana University, a branch campus of Franklin University, is accepting applications for a full time Campus Security Manager. Reporting to the Director of Safety and Security Services, this individual will provide leadership and management for all safety and physical security initiatives impacting the University's assets to include people, real property and reputation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs day-to-day operations, emergency and crisis response, and compliance with the federally mandated laws such as HEOA and CLERY.
- Oversee investigations and physical security risk mitigation efforts at Urbana University.
- Manage all domestic safety operations, as well as domestic and international travel safety and security management.
- Maintains the professional relationships with all local, county, state and federal government partners for on campus safety and security matters.
- Manage the relationship and deployment of special duty police officers at all university locations.
- Safety and Security special event management.
- Manage/conduct investigations on behalf of the university.
- Sitting member and participant on the university’s TABIT Team.
- Manage Early Warning and Anonymous Reporting Systems for the university.
- Manage the university’s crisis management response protocols.
- Recommend/manage the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to safety/security on behalf of the university.
- Manage the Electronic Card Access system for the university.
- Manage the assessment and implementation of security technology upgrades on behalf of the university.
- Serve as a security advisor for student code of conduct and employee related matters on behalf of the university.
- Identify and manage university training initiatives related to safety and security on campus.
- Sit on various university committees and provide subject matter expertise as required by senior university leadership.
- Maintain/ improve professional competencies and relationships through participation on committees and attendance at professional development courses of instruction.
- Lead the coordinated response to safety and security related matters on campus.
- Other duties as assigned
- Manage daily activities of the safety coordinator and all safety officers.
- Direct the activities of special duty police officers (where applicable).
- Create and maintain personnel records to include evaluations for all safety and security employees.
Weekly Work Hours
- Monday – Friday 7:00am – 4:00pm
- Other times as needed by the university to fulfill DSSS mission
- On-call 24/7 for emergency response
- 8 years in a law enforcement or private/corporate security profession (not a security guard)
- BA/BS in a relevant field
- 3 years in a command position (preferably above a first line supervisory position) within law enforcement or private/corporate security
- Must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License
- Physical requirements (BFOQ’s)
- Ability to walk and stand
- Must have normal, voice, eye sight (correctable) and hearing capabilities
Preferred Skills and Characteristics:
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Demonstrated budgeting skills
- Knowledge of physical security practices
- Knowledge of basic access control and video surveillance practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Critical thinker
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a high stress environment
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize
About Urbana University
Founded in 1850, Urbana University serves more than 1800 students from around the world from its 128 acre campus nestled in the historic city of Urbana, Ohio. Known for innovative academic programs that feature personal attention from faculty, the University offers more than 30 undergraduate programs and several graduate degrees, delivering course work in class, online, or a combination of both. Blue Knights athletics includes 15 NCAA Division II sports along with intercollegiate bowling, cheerleading, and shooting sports.
Urbana University is committed to providing a safe workplace and learning environment for all employees, students, and visitors, as well as committed to protecting University property and operations. It is the intent of the University to ensure a safe and secure environment by conducting criminal background checks on all individuals who have received an offer of employment with the University, and to comply with all relevant state, federal and local laws governing employment and background screening in its administration of this policy. To view our pre-employment policy, please click here.
Urbana University does not discriminate on the basis of age, religion, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, immigration status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, disability, or veteran or military status.