- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- International Students
- Transfer Students
- College Credit Plus
- Online Tour
- Visit Campus
- Admission Requirements
- General Undergraduate Requirements
- International Undergraduate Requirements
- Readmission Requirements
- Special Non-Degree Seeking Requirements
- Transfer Applicant Requirements
- Visiting Applicant Requirements
- Graduate Requirements
- Post Baccalaureate & Endorsement Requirements
- College Credit Plus Student Requirements
- College Credit Plus Teacher Requirements
- Orientation & Welcome Weekend
- Apply Now
- The Admissions Team
- Associate Degree Majors
- Bachelor's Degree Majors
- Adolescent to Young Adult Education (7-12)
- American Education Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education (PK-3)
- Environmental Science
- Exercise Science
- Health Sciences
- Information Systems
- Intervention Specialist K-12
- Liberal Studies
- Middle Childhood Education (4-9)
- Sport Management
- Strategic Management
- Master's Degrees
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice Administration
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- M.S. Computer Science
- M.S. Instructional Design & Learning Technology
- M.S. Marketing & Communication
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Business Psychology
- M.S. in Human Resource Management
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Public Administration
- Doctoral Degrees
- Certificate Programs
- Post Baccalaureate
- Honors Program
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Student Life
- Activities & Recreation
- Residence Halls
- Dining Services
- Campus Safety
- Student Services
- Activities & Recreation
- About Us
Your Partner in Building a Stronger Workforce
UrbanaWORKS provides partner organizations with a portfolio of educational options to recruit, train and retain the talent vital to moving your organization forward.
Our programs and services can be offered onsite or online and tailored to the specific needs of your business.
To set up your Solution Session contact:
Vice President, Strategic Alliances
The Employer Challenge
- Providing consistent and effective training for employees at multiple locations – worksites, time zones or continents.
- Maintaining training programs that are fresh and relevant to current organizational needs.
- Delivering information in accelerated formats to develop and promote internal talent.
- Supporting and sponsoring educational attainment that is designed for practical application.
With over 450,000 jobs expected to be added statewide by 2022, it is important that employers maximize training, increase leadership capacity, and optimize educational benefits.
While this growth is promising, the Employer Associations of America (EAA) 2018 National Business Trends Survey states that 68 percent of employers report an escalating difficulty in recruitment, citing a lack of available candidates (59 percent) and market competition (40 percent) as their primary challenges. Top strategies to address recruitment challenges include filling jobs with existing staff who have potential to grow.
“With recruiting and retaining talent challenges facing businesses today, the ability for employers to creatively respond to the market conditions becomes essential, but it’s also an opportunity for businesses to differentiate themselves,” states Bruce Clarke, EAA Board of Directors Chair.
In preparing for 2018, companies report implementing the following measures to address both recruitment and retention challenges: investing in new technology (54 percent) and equipment (51 percent), increasing their recruiting emphasis (40%), and increasing their training budget (30 percent).
According to HRDive, one-third of workers feel that their job skills will not help them earn a promotion at work in the near future, while 45 percent of workers believe that company-provided development programs are not applicable to their day-to-day job needs. Instead, nearly one-quarter of employees said that they consider online training and certification from a third-party source to be the best avenue for career skills development.
The UrbanaWORKS Advantage
- Measure results and improve learning with advanced assessment.
- Provide employees with engaging training and education experiences created in partnership with best-in-class instructional designers.
- Implement new training solutions quickly and seamlessly through effective project management services.
- Optimize tuition benefits by converting in-house training to college credit toward relevant degree programs.
- Attract new talent with a strengthened recruitment package that includes professional training and development that’s in tune with organizational needs.
- Create workforce training and development that equips employees to achieve business and performance goals.
MAXIMIZE YOUR TRAINING
UrbanaWORKS offers a full portfolio of training offerings, including:
- Evaluate your training program for college credit.
- Award co-branded certificates of completion.
- Collaborate on existing training programs to create dynamic activities and learner engagement.
- Enable online delivery of face-to-face programs.
- Build new training curriculum to meet business and organizational needs.
- Develop assessments that support learner achievement.
INCREASE YOUR LEADERSHIP CAPACITY
Investing in employee education allows your organization to:
- Build future leaders within your organization.
- Identify and anticipate challenges to strengthen strategic planning capabilities.
- Think critically to utilize resources effectively and efficiently.
- Develop effective management techniques to foster a culture of engagement.
- Understand the organization and the competitive environment to leverage differentiators for long-term success.
Initiate leadership principles that facilitate organizational growth.
Growing Your Employees = Growing Your Business
UrbanaWORKS offers programs online or onsite for every level of education, allowing your employees to advance regardless of where they started.
Potential Career Options
Skills & Abilities Gained
- Analyze Competitive Environment and Value Chains
- Coach High-Performance Employees
- Visualize Opportunity and Navigate Uncertainty
- Collaborate Across the Organization
- Identify Key Growth Strategies and Metrics
- Provide Strategic Leadership
OPTIMIZE YOUR EDUCATION BENEFITS
UrbanaWORKS helps make employee education affordable through:
- College credit for training
- Preferred partner pricing
- Free books
- Onsite cohort pricing
- Membership pricing
- Generous transfer credit policy
- Dependant transfer credit policy