Franklin University, located in Columbus, Ohio, is seeking a full-time Mathematics faculty member in the College of Arts, Sciences and Technology at its branch campus located in Urbana, Ohio. Primary responsibilities will include teaching and curriculum design and development of courses in Mathematics and Statistics at the Urbana campus. Other responsibilities include hiring, mentoring, and managing adjunct faculty; program and course assessment; professional development/scholarship, and university service/committee work.
Applicants should have an earned Doctorate in Mathematics or Statistics (exceptional M.S. candidates and candidates ABD will also be considered). Applicants are expected to have experience teaching a diversity of mathematics courses at a college or university and experience with mathematical software, such as WebAssign or ALEKS.
Major duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Coordinate and instruct face-to-face and online courses in mathematics and statistics including computational and theoretical courses.
• Participate in course, program, and curriculum review and development;
• Hire, mentor, and assess adjunct teaching faculty;
• Serve on university and college committees;
• Keep informed of discipline specific content and new approaches to instruction through research and professional development activities;
• Assist in recruitment and retention of students;
• Attend all university, college, and department faculty meetings;
• Other duties as assigned by the Chair of the Department or Dean of the College.
This is a 12-month appointment with earned vacation time (or planned leave/breaks).
Founded in 1850, Urbana University serves more than 1800 students from around the world from its 128 acre campus nestled in the historic city of Urbana, Ohio. Known for innovative academic programs that feature personal attention from faculty, the University offers more than 30 undergraduate programs and several graduate degrees, delivering course work in class, online, or a combination of both. Blue Knights athletics includes 15 NCAA Division II sports along with intercollegiate bowling, cheerleading, and shooting sports.
Urbana University is committed to providing a safe workplace and learning environment for all employees, students, and visitors, as well as committed to protecting University property and operations. It is the intent of the University to ensure a safe and secure environment by conducting criminal background checks on all individuals who have received an offer of employment with the University, and to comply with all relevant state, federal and local laws governing employment and background screening in its administration of this policy. To view our pre-employment policy, please click here.
Urbana University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Urbana does not discriminate on the basis of age, religion, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, immigration status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, disability, or veteran or military status.