- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- International Students
- Transfer Students
- College Credit Plus
- Online Tour
- Visit Campus
- Admission Requirements
- General Undergraduate Requirements
- International Undergraduate Requirements
- Readmission Requirements
- Special Non-Degree Seeking Requirements
- Transfer Applicant Requirements
- Visiting Applicant Requirements
- Master of Business Administration Requirements
- Master of Education in Classroom Teaching Requirements
- Master of Science in Nursing Requirements
- MBA with an Emphasis in Healthcare Requirements
- International Graduate Requirements
- Graduate Certificate Requirements
- Post Baccalaureate & Endorsement Requirements
- College Credit Plus Student Requirements
- College Credit Plus Teacher Requirements
- Orientation & Welcome Weekend
- Apply Now
- The Admissions Team
- Associate Degree Majors
- Bachelor's Degree Majors
- Adolescent to Young Adult Education (7-12)
- American Education Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education (PK-3)
- Exercise Science
- Information Systems
- Intervention Specialist K-12
- Liberal Studies
- Middle Childhood Education (4-9)
- Sport Management
- Strategic Management
- Master's Degrees
- Certificate Programs
- Post Baccalaureate
- College of Arts, Sciences & Education
- Honors Program
- Online Degrees
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Student Life
- Activities & Recreation
- Residence Halls
- Dining Services
- Campus Safety
- Student Services
- Activities & Recreation
- About Us
Homecoming Weekend at Urbana University
Join in on the Fun
So many traditions, so little time. Homecoming weekend is an amazing opportunity to reconnect with old friends, see what’s happening on campus at Urbana University, and cheer on your Blue Knights. We’d love to see you there on Saturday, October 28th!
Give to Urbana
There’s no greater gift to us than support and generous donations from our alumni. Because Blue Knights give back – it’s part of who we are.
Return of the Knights homecoming celebration Saturday, Oct. 28, 2017.
This event will feature a host of activities for students, alumni, faculty and staff, as they celebrate the rich tradition and return of treasured alumni. This year's festivities will kick off at 9 a.m. with tailgating, reunions, an Alumni softball game, campus tours for prospective students, and extended public hours to showcase the many new campus enhancements and building improvements.
In addition to individual tailgates, there will be gatherings for many special interest groups, including basketball, softball, football, golf, international studies, Colleges of Arts, Sciences & Education, Honors and many more! New this year to the Homecoming lineup are local food trucks representing some of the area's finest culinary offerings. Guests can enjoy the Alumni & Friends Band, and DJ Casey Hennigan who will be on hand to provide the day's musical entertainment. Early guests to visit the Alumni tent will receive a commemorative Return of the Knights Homecoming 2017 t-shirt featuring the winning design from the inaugural Return of the Knights Homecoming T-Shirt Design Challenge. The winning design will be announced on Friday, Oct. 27 and the student designer recognized at halftime, along with the 2017 Homecoming King and Queen winners.
The UU Spirit Tent will showcase University historical displays, tasty tailgate snacks for guests, gifts for alumni and activities for all. University supporters such as Excel Sports Medicine, Liberty Mutual, Barnes & Noble and the Ohio Army National Guard will have items or activities for guests as well. Dr. Christopher Washington, Chief Executive Officer, Urbana University, will be in attendance to experience and help lead the Blue Knight spirit. There's something contagious about this campus, its students, faculty and alumni that hits you the very first time you visit,â said Dr. Washington. There is an overwhelming sense of pride and enthusiasm that makes Urbana University so special.
Homecoming is a time for the Urbana family to not only reminisce about our rich heritage, but also celebrate the many great things that are yet to come. To rally excitement for the Blue Knight Football team to take the field against Glenville State at 1 p.m., tailgaters will form a spectator tunnel at 11 a.m. near the Grimes Center to cheer the Spirit Walk Parade across campus. All youth and high school football players, as well as cheerleaders wearing their team jersey will gain free admittance to the Blue Knights football game. For more information, please contact (937) 772-9215 or email@example.com. Tickets for NCAA II sporting events can be purchased at the gates.
Friday, Oct. 27th
- Men's Basketball is sponsoring a Golf Scramble at the Urbana Country Club at 1:00 p.m. If you would like to put a team together and play, please see the registration form or contact Nick.Dials@urbana.edu.
- Blue Knight Volleyball will host West Virginia State 7:00 p.m. in the Grimes Center.
Saturday, Oct. 28th
- Blue Knight Experience, Prospective Student Day at 9:30 a.m.
- Blue Knight Alumni Softball game at 9:30 a.m. All Alumni that wish to play should contact Coach Kira Zeiter @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Molly Burke Exhibit - Miller Center for Visual Arts. 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Diplomacy Center - Faces of Diplomacy Exhibit - Swedenborg Library at Urbana University from 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Homecoming football game 1:00 p.m. vs. Glenville. A Community Tailgating begins at 11:00 a.m.
Our success is because of you!