Campus Interfaith Chaplaincy
The Urbana University Chaplaincy exists to nurture the spiritual, moral and ethical lives of students, faculty and staff, while assisting them in listening to, learning from and respecting those with different beliefs.
In this mission the chaplaincy seeks to encourage and support;
- all forms of religious and spiritual life which find expression at Urbana University, and
- the search for meaning in the lives of all members of our community
Fall 2014 Chaplain Hours
11:30am-1:00pm; Hilliker Room, Student Center Lower Level
- M 9/29: Rev. Mimi Ault
- W 10/8: Rev. Jim Lillibridge
- Tu 10/14: Rev. Scott Griswold
- M 10/20: Rev. Mimi Ault
- Tu 10/29: Rev. Scott Griswold
Later dates will be posted.
Need a Chaplain at any time? E-mail UUChaplain@urbana.edu
The chaplaincy team is made up of the Urbana University chaplain and volunteer clergy members from the local area, who offer their skills and experience to the UU community.
Members of the Chaplaincy Team are committed to honoring the religious freedom, dignity, conscience, personal spiritual welfare and the religious tradition of every person to whom they minister. They are committed to mutual respect and they affirm the roles of personal freedom, doubt and open critical reflection in healthy spiritual growth.
The chaplaincy team serves as a liaison to communities of faith in the surrounding area, providing additional information and resources for students whose spiritual needs extend beyond our campus.
- Betsy Coffman- Pastor, Swedenborgian Church/Chaplain, Urbana University
- Mimi Ault - Concord United Methodist Church
- Sam Carroll- Faith Tabernacle Church
- Scott Griswold- Pastor, South Vienna United Chirch/Adjunct Professor
- Larry Hall- Pastor, Urbana Church of the Nazarene
- Kevin Horrigan- Pastor, First Presbyterian Church of Urbana
- Jim Lillibridge- Pastor, United Methodist Church
- Earl Rogers- Deacon, St. Mary's Church of Urbana
- Josh Brown- President, UU Knights 4 Christ
- Mitch Joseph- Associate Dean of Students for Campus Life & Engagement
- Susie Sassenberg- Associate Dean of Students for Counseling & Student Success