Requests for transcripts cannot be issued to an outside party unless the student has given the Registrar's Office's permission in writing to release this information to a specific party, as allowed under The Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Requests for transcripts will be honored in the order in which the requests are received and students should expect at least a 72-hour processing period. However, during peak times such as registration, beginning of a semester or graduation, response may not be as fast. During such time, please allow additional processing time. Each transcript costs eight dollars ($8.00), paid in advance. No official transcript of any record will be issued for a student who is on Business Office Hold because financial obligations to the University have not been satisfied.
Email and phone requests for transcripts will not be honored. Please indicate clearly when the transcript should be sent-now, after grades are posted, after a degree is posted. Students may use the Transcript Request Form (PDF) or may provide the following information in a written request:
- Full Name (please include maiden, previous marriages etc)
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Number of Copies you need
- Graduate or Undergraduate Record
- Mailing Address for your request as well as your current mailing address and phone number in case we need to contact you
- Last date of attendance or date of graduation
- Your signature (be sure to sign the request; failure to do so will prevent release of the academic record
- Appropriate fee ($8.00 per copy)
Email and phone requests for transcripts will not be honored.
All requests should be directed to:
Urbana University Registrar Office
579 College Way
Urbana, OH 43078