The most up-to-date schedules are available through Self-Service. Course lists linked here are updated periodically and may not be current, especially during the initial registration period.
Current Course Schedules
Registration begins November 4 for Winter Intercession & Spring Term.
- Winter 2013 Intercession
- Spring 2014 Center for Adult & Professional Studies (CAPS)
- Spring 2014 Graduate (includes graduate online)
- Spring 2014 Undergraduate Online
- Spring 2014 Traditional
Registration begins April 7 for Summer & Fall Term.
- Summer 2014 Center for Adult & Professional Studies (CAPS)
- Summer 2014 Graduate (Includes graduate online)
- Summer 2014 Undergraduate Online
- Summer 2014 Traditional
- Fall 2014 Center for Adult & Professional Studies (CAPS)
- Fall 2014 Graduate
- Fall 2014 Undergraduate Online
- Fall 2014 Traditional
Registration for Main Campus Students
Students are encouraged to register via Self-Service. Registration forms are available in the Registrar's Office in North Hall. Completed registration forms can be submitted from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Returning students will register as follows:
- Seniors (90+ hours) and Graduate Students beginning first business day of registration
- Juniors (60-89 hours) beginning second business day of registration
- Sophomores (30-59 hours) beginning third business day of registration
- Freshmen (0-29 hours) beginning fourth business day of registration
- Open Registration beginning fifth business day of registration
- Registration for New Students begins sixth business day of registration
Advisors will assist with schedule planning. All registrations must be approved by the student's advisor. Registrations submitted via Self-Service are pending until approved by the advisor. All registration forms must be signed/approved by the advisor.
Students must pay all fees prior to the first day of classes to become officially enrolled.
No student may be concurrently enrolled at another institution while attending Urbana University. Credit will not be granted for courses completed in this manner.
Registering Online through Self-Service
All students have the option to register online through Merlin Self-Service. Self Service registration begins the first day of registration according to the Academic Calendar. Registrations submitted via Self-Service must be approved by your advisor. Please make sure you have cleared any hold that might prevent your participation. If you have not previously logged in to Self Service, or if your user name and password are not working, please contact email@example.com or technical support at 937-772-9337 or through the Technology Password Assistance. Remember you will need this login information to view grades as well as to complete the registration process.
For complete Self Service access information, view the student manual.
Registration for Off-Campus Students
Continuing students can register via Self-Service. New students and continuing students should consult individual site directors/advisors for a registration appointment.
Dropping/Adding a Class
A class can be dropped or added through the published date in the Academic Calendar. Drops and adds can be done in Self-Service and must be approved by the student's advisor. Forms are also available in the Registrar's Office.
Students can withdraw from a class through the published date in the Academic Calendar. A grade of "W" will be assigned. Students who officially withdraw from class(es) may be eligible for a refund according to the refund schedule available online and in the catalog. Students who receive Financial Aid should consult with the Financial Aid office before withdrawing from a class.
All students must file the formal Application for Degree with the Registrar's Office no later than the first day of classes in the term preceding their graduation term according to the following schedule:
Semester of Graduation Deadline Filing
- Fall Graduation: 1st week of Summer Semester
- Spring Graduation: 1st week of Fall Semester
- Summer Graduation: 1st week of Spring Semester
All degree requirements must be completed before any student may participate in graduation ceremonies. Any student filing an application after the due date may not be permitted to participate in the Fall or Spring graduation ceremony and will be charged a late application fee. Students graduating in Summer and Fall semesters will participate in the December ceremony while students graduating in Spring semester will participate in the May Ceremony. Students not graduating on the expected date must reapply for graduation and submit the reapplication fee. Students must be registered for at least one course during the term of graduation.