Urbana University is committed to providing accommodations for students with disabilities to ensure they are not denied the benefits of, or excluded from participation in any program or activity offered.
Steps that must be followed to access disability services at Urbana University are as follows:
- At the time the student receives their Admissions packet please fill out the Self-Disclosure Form for Students with Disabilities
- Send the form and current (dated within one year of entry in to any Urbana University program) diagnostic documentation (Multi-Factored Evaluation / ETR or Medical Doctor Report) from the appropriate licensed professional as to the nature of the disability and subsequent recommendations to the office, name and address provided at the bottom of the page.
Current documentation includes:
- A current MFE / ETR (within one year of attendance at Urbana University)
- Or Proof of services provided by another institution of higher education
- It should be noted that an IEP is not sufficient documentation to receive services.
- It should also be noted that if current testing is needed the Urbana University office of Disability Services can provide a contact for such testing.
- Please note - The cost of the testing is to be paid by the student.
3. Once all paperwork is received by the Office of Disability Services, a pre-service interview will be scheduled to initiate services.
4. Eligibility of services paperwork (Student Self-Identification of Disability) will be presented to the student at the time of the meeting. This document will identify all accommodations to be provided by professors over the course of each semester.
5. A student who has a self-disclosed disability is responsible for identify his/her disability and providing each professor with a copy of the Student Self-Identification of Disability form each semester at the beginning of each class in which he/she requests accommodations.
6. Accommodations for testing, assignments, etc. must be arranged in advance with the Professor for the course, the Director of Disability Services and/or the Student Success Center.
7. Additional services and information may be attained by contacting Shawna Benson, Director of Disability Services at email@example.com
All disability related documentation is confidential and should be submitted only to the Director of Disability Services.
To contact the Office of Disability Services please call 937-484-1340, 937-484-1286 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To begin the process to receive services fill out the self-disclosure form and return to North Hall.