Welcome Weekend is designed to help you get settled at Urbana University.
Welcome Weekend will be filled with activities allowing you to get to know your classmates and prepare you for the fall semester. Welcome Weekend kicks off with the President's Welcome Luncheon on Friday at 11:30 a.m. Students commuting to campus or participating in fall camps prior to this should be prepared to begin Welcome Weekend activities at 12:00 p.m. You will get a complete schedule during check-in on Friday.
All first-time freshmen, both residents and commuters, are expected to participate in all Welcome Weekend activities. UNI101, a required freshmen level course, will have four weeks worth of meetings during Welcome Weekend and failure to participate will negatively influence your grade in that course.
Parents are welcomed and encouraged to attend the events on Friday afternoon beginning at Noon. There will be an opening convocation you don't want to miss as the Urbana University community formally welcomes the Class of 2017!
Below is an estimated schedule. Exact times and locations may change and a final schedule will be provided at check-in.
Friday, August 23
All First year students should plan to participate from 1:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Residential Student Move-In & Commuter Student Check-In (Student Center)
Parents are welcome to join us for the following activities
- President's Welcome Lunch (11:30-1:00)
- U-Team Meetings and Parent Meetings
- Opening Convocation
- College Open Houses
- Commuter and Resident Meetings
Saturday, August 24
All First year students should plan to participate from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- A fun-filled day of activities to help you get to know the campus and people you will be working and enjoying life with throughout the next four years!
- Michael Kent - Comedian. Magician. Smart@$$.
Sunday, August 25
All first year students should plan to participate from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Worship Service (optional)
- Urbana Gives Back service projects
- Welcome Back Party, Sunday Sundaes with President Peterson, and Carnival!
Monday, August 26
- Classes Begin