New Student Orientation
Summer Orientation at Urbana University is designed to introduce new Urbana University students and their families to the academic and co-curricular services and programs vital to their successful transition to the Urbana community. By exposing students to the key services and opportunities, we enable them to make well-informed choices and decisions. Through a collaborative approach led by Student Affairs, the University aims to provide a structured and holistic introduction to the collegiate environment for both students and families to be informed about educational opportunities and responsibilities.
2016 Dates (for students beginning Fall Term)
- Friday, June 10
- Friday, June 24
- Friday, July 22
♦ Register Now for an Orientation Date (Registration opening soon!)
What do you do at Orientation?
Sessions for Students:
- Planning for Academic Success (by college)
- Introduction to college programs, how to create a schedule, introduction to course registration, academic advising process
- Welcome to College!
- In and Out of class expectations—self-reliance, responsibility for own learning, etc.
- U-Team Meetings
- Meet & Greet games led by U-Team Leaders
- Q&A with U-Team leader, providing perspective/lessons on navigating life at Urbana University
- With schedule, a tour of classroom buildings to give an idea of where their classes will be held
Sessions for Parents/Families:
- Partners in Transition
- Ways to support your student to graduation at Urbana University
- Safe & Healthy Campus Environment
- Q&A with Counseling, Campus Safety, Student Health, and Campus Life
- Academic Success Planning
- College Deans highlight the courses available to students and learning outcomes of chosen programs.