Frequently Asked Transfer Questions

What are the requirements for transferring credits?

Students applying for admission to Urbana University must be in good academic standing at the accredited college-level institution in which they most recently attended prior to application. Good academic standing generally implies a cumulative minimum GPA of 2.00. A student may challenge his/her admission status by appealing to the Academic Standards Committee. Only courses that have been completed with a “C” or better will be transferred into UU. Your Transfer Coordinator can complete an “unofficial” transcript evaluation if you have an official transcript at the time of your visit, but an “official” evaluation can only be completed by the Registrar’s Office after you’ve applied.

How many hours will transfer from another institution?

We accept as many semester hours as you have from a two-year institution. There is also no limit to the number of approved semester hours that will transfer from a four-year institution. However, bachelor’s degree students must complete at least 30 semester hours of UU coursework toward the total 126-semester hour degree requirement, in order to graduate from UU. In addition, all programs require a minimum number of hours in the major to be taken at Urbana.

How do I apply as a transfer student?

The easiest way to apply is here on our website!  To apply as a transfer student visit our website There are also print applications available at the Office of Admissions in the Blackmer/Losch building on campus. Please remember to provide an official transcript from your previous institution(s), and provide an official high school transcript. The transcript(s) should be sent directly to UU from the previous institution(s). 

How can I learn what classes will transfer into Urbana University?

The Transfer Counselor can complete an unofficial transcript evaluation. However, an official transcript evaluation can only be completed by the Registrar's Office for your final transfer evaluation.  If you would like an unofficial transcript evaluation completed by the Transfer Counselor, please fax your transcript to 937.652.6871 (Attn: Transfer Counselor) prior to your first scheduled meeting. The Transfer Counselor will then gladly have your evaluated transcript ready for you when you arrive for your scheduled visit on-campus.

I’m a veteran.  How do I take advantage of the Post 9/11 GI Bill?

Urbana University is proud to participate in the Post 9/11 GI Bill as well as inform prospects of our standing as a Yellow Ribbon School!  For more information, please contact our Financial Aid Department at 937-772-9251.

When do classes start?

Urbana University is on a semester system.  Fall classes typically begin at the end of August and Spring classes typically begin at the beginning of January.  We also offer summer semester courses.  Please see our calendar for more details. 

How much is tuition?

Full-time Undergraduate tuition and feees for the 2014-2015 school year is $22,012 per year including fees. Room and board total is an additional $8,808 per year.

Are Transfer Scholarships Available?

Yes! Transfer students are eligible for many of the same scholarships as new traditional undergraduate students. For more information about Urbana University scholarships, click here. You may also contact the Urbana University Financial Aid Office with any further questions at 937-772-9251 or via email at

How do I get textbook information?

Text book information is available by going to the our main page and clicking on Current Student. The bookstore link will be at the top left of the webpage. More information can be found by contacting the bookstore at 937-772-9282.

Who do I contact if I am on a business office hold or have billing questions? (Itemized bill, fees, payment arrangements)

The Business office is responsible for billing. Their number is 937.772.9274. 

How do I check my academic information (grades, courses completed, registration)?

Self-Service is a great source of information. In order to have access to Self-Service you need to have your username and password (set up by going over to Oak Hall or email If you do not have your password you can contact Monica Kramer, 937-772-9265 or email to have the information emailed to you.  

How do I set up an Urbana University e-mail account/ Moodle account?

In order to use Self-Service you MUST have a computer account (Includes: Moodle, e-mail, and system log-in) and be registered for classes. 

You will receive your account information via email.  Once you receive your information, please follow the steps to login.

Still have transfer questions?

 Please contact our Community College Representative, Maureen Cooper.

Maureen Cooper
(937) 705-6924 (Office)
(937)207-2823 (Cell)

Additional Information

Admission Requirements

Academic Catalog

Get Started Today

Request Information
Visit Campus
Apply Now