Student Grievance & Appeal Procedures
Urbana University provides several means by which student compaints and grievances may be addressed. Students are encouraged to act on problems, complaints, and grievances in a constructive manner. Concerns should be expressed as soon as possible after the event occurs; some procedures have specific deadlines for filing grievances or complaints. Students who require assistance with the grievance process should contact the Student Services Office or their Academic Advisor for guidance.
- Grades (Academic Catalog page 43)
- Academic Sanctions (Academic Catalog page 43)
- Academic Misconduct (Student Handbook page 38)
- Other academic matters (Academic Catalog page 43)
- Financial Aid (Academic Catalog page 58)
- Student Grievances (Student Handbook page 35)
- Sexual Harassment/Sexual Assault (Student Handbook page 39)
- Student Code of Conduct (Student Handbook page 55)
- Athletics/NCAA Compliance
For complaints that do not fall into the categories above, contact the Dean of Students for guidance. If you need help at any point in the process, contact the Student Services office.