Consumer Information

The web links below are provided to assist current and prospective students, and to meet disclosure and reporting requirements of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA), and related federal regulations.

General Institutional Information

Student Financial Assistance

Health and Safety

Student Outcomes

Teacher Education Preparation Report

Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data

Voter Registration

Student Complaints

  1. Urbana University's grievance and complaint policies are located here.

  2. If an issue cannot be resolved by Urbana University's internal processes, students in online courses who reside in SARA States may choose to file a complaint with the Ohio Department of Higher Education. Students residing in states not participating in SARA may appeal to their state of residence. Please note that, in most cases, external agencies require that the University’s internal grievance and complaint processes be exhausted before a complaint may be lodged with them.  Please see below to find the contact information for each state agency that would handle the complaint.  You may also contact our accrediting agency, the Higher Learning Commission.

  3. 3. Pursuant to 34 CFR § 668.43(b) (Code of Federal Regulations), an institution of higher education must “provide students . . . with contact information for filing complaints with its accreditor and with its State approval or licensing entity and any other relevant State official or agency that would appropriately handle the student’s complaint.”  The table below provides links to this information for Urbana University’s regional accreditor, the Higher Learning Commission, as well as for each state.

THE HIGHER LEARNING COMMISSION 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604
ALABAMA Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education
Alabama Community College System 
Private School Licensure Division
ALASKA Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education
ARIZONA Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education
ARKANSAS Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board
CALIFORNIA State of California Department of Consumer Affairs 
Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
COLORADO Colorado Department of Higher Education
CONNECTICUT Connecticut Office of Higher Education
DELAWARE The Delaware Department of Education has not
established a procedure for handling student complaints.
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA Office of the State Superintendent of Education
FLORIDA Florida Department of Education 
Commission for Independent Education
GEORGIA Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission
HAWAII Hawaii Post-Secondary Education Authorization Program
Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs
IDAHO Idaho State Board of Education
ILLINOIS Illinois Board of Higher Education
INDIANA Indiana Commission for Higher Education
IOWA Iowa College Student Aid Commission
KANSAS Kansas Board of Regents
KENTUCKY Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
LOUISIANA Office of the Attorney General, State of Louisiana 
MAINE Maine Department of Education
Contact: Harry W. Osgood
Higher Education Specialist
Augusta, Maine 04333
MARYLAND Maryland Higher Education Commission
MASSACHUSETTS Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
MICHIGAN Michigan Department of Licensing & Regulatory Affairs
MINNESOTA Minnesota Office of Higher Education
MISSISSIPPI Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation
MISSOURI Missouri Department of Higher Education
MONTANA Montana Board of Regents
NEBRASKA Nebraska's Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education
NEVADA Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education
NEW HAMPSHIRE New Hampshire Department of Education
NEW JERSEY The New Jersey Commission on Higher Education has not established a procedure for handling student complaints.
NEW MEXICO New Mexico Higher Education Department
NEW YORK New York State Education Department
Office of College and University Evaluation
NORTH CAROLINA University of North Carolina General Administration
NORTH DAKOTA Director of Distance Education and State Authorization
1815 Schafer St., Ste. 202
Bismarck, ND 58501-1217


Ohio Department of Higher Education
OKLAHOMA Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
OREGON Oregon Department of Justice
Financial Fraud/Consumer Protection Section
PENNSYLVANIA Pennsylvania Department of Education
Division of Higher and Career Education
RHODE ISLAND Rhode Island Board of Governors for Higher


South Carolina Commission on Higher Education



South Dakota Office of the Attorney General
TENNESSEE Tennessee Higher Education Commission
TEXAS Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
UTAH Utah Division of Consumer Protection
VERMONT Vermont Agency of Education
VIRGINIA State Council of Higher Education for Virginia
WASHINGTON Washington Student Achievement Council
WEST VIRGINIA West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission
Dr. Kathy Butler, Senior Director of Academic Affairs
1018 Kanawha Blvd., E. Suite 700
Charleston, WV 25301
WISCONSIN Wisconsin Educational Approval Board
WYOMING Wyoming Department of Education

Military OneSource Postsecondary Education Complaint System (PECS)

Military OneSource Postsecondary Education Complaint System (PECS): If you or your family member receives tuition assistance (TA) or is a Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Scholarship recipient, you are encouraged to submit feedback. You may submit a complaint if your school is failing to follow the Principles of Excellence. This initiative is designed to empower you and your family members to report misleading or unfair actions by education institutions. Examples of education related issues may include, but are not limited to, misrepresentation or deceptive actions concerning multiple unsolicited phone calls or emails used as a high-pressure recruitment tactic, false representation about degree programs, misleading statements regarding accreditation or promoting costly private or institutional loans. For more information on the PECS or to file a complaint, please contact Military OneSource.

Get Started Today

Request Information
Visit Campus
Apply Now