Bachelor of Science Degree
Let your curiosity lead you
If you have an investigative mind and are interested in a challenging curriculum that explores why and how biological and chemical reactions occur, then Urbana’s Science major is for you.
As a student majoring in Science, you’ll build your knowledge of biological and chemistry principles and their application, gain the technical skills needed for laboratory work and be prepared for careers in industry or entrance into graduate school and medical, dental or veterinary colleges.
Here’s what you’ll LEARN:
As a Science major, you’ll take foundation courses in biology (zoology, botany and cell biology), mathematics (statistics or quantitative methods, and calculus and analytic geometry), chemistry (general and organic) and physics. All Science majors also complete a Senior Science Seminar in which you will have a chance to complete a research project and present your work to faculty and other students.
Next you will chose an area of emphasis based on your career aspirations. Your choices include biology and chemistry tracks that will prepare you for a career in industry or biology and chemistry tracks designed to prepare you for professional study (pre-medical, pre-veterinary or pre-dental).
Here’s what you can DO:
- Lab Technician
- Natural Resource Manager
- Sustainability Analyst
- Understand scientific methods of inquiry and investigation
- Apply scientific methods of investigation and inference logically and critically
- Understand principles and concepts of the natural sciences and associated phenomena
- Evaluate scientific claims and analyses as presented in popular and professional formats
- Apply comprehensive biological knowledge and lab skills
- Apply knowledge and lab skills for comprehensive research project proposal and chemistry lab practical
Get Started Today