Major in Math | BS in Mathematics
The mathematics major focuses on the foundations of problem solving, computation and analytics to give you skills today to transfer into in-demand careers after graduation.
With a bachelor of science in mathematics you can go into new technology, business and teaching and graduate programs with the knowledge gained through your detailed and relevant coursework at Urbana.
Study at Urbana U – A Great Choice for Majoring in Math
With a BS in Mathematics, you have the power to customize your educational experience around your interests. You can use your capstone or independent study courses to focus on complementary areas such as technology or business. Whatever your focus, studying mathematics at Urbana gives you flexibility and a foundation you can build on.
As an Urbana University math major, you can explore independent research, small class sizes, and a community that has great concern in aiding your journey through higher education.
Gain Skills for Exciting Careers with a Math Degree
Urbana mathematics graduates have had exciting opportunities in fields like banking, government relations, information technology and finance.
Equipped with a major in math, you’ll be well suited to go on to graduate school for exciting careers in computer science, cryptology, finance, information security and even national security.
Meet Dr. Jacob Daniel | Mathematics Faculty Spotlight
Dr. Jacob Daniel uses his background in pure mathematics to passionately and effectively guide the mathematics degree program at Urbana. He is passionate about helping students tailor the mathematics major to meet their needs and interests, and personally leads them in independent studies.
- Explain the deductive framework used in mathematics, and illustrate its use by stating and proving theorems from several areas of mathematics.
- Apply mathematical methods of analysis and deduction to investigate fundamental mathematical structures such as groups, graphs, the real line, vector spaces, and topological spaces)
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the principles and concepts of mathematics through the spoken and written word.
- Evaluate mathematical claims and analyses as presented in popular and professional formats
- Solve problems by applying comprehensive mathematical knowledge from various branches of mathematics
- Write and present a comprehensive research project illustrating the informed application of knowledge and skills.
- Apply knowledge and analytical skills I to the successfully complete a nationally normed comprehensive test
Get Started Today