- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- International Students
- Transfer Students
- College Credit Plus
- Online Tour
- Visit Campus
- Admission Requirements
- General Undergraduate Requirements
- International Undergraduate Requirements
- Readmission Requirements
- Special Non-Degree Seeking Requirements
- Transfer Applicant Requirements
- Visiting Applicant Requirements
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice Requirements
- Master of Business Administration Requirements
- Master of Education in Classroom Teaching Requirements
- Master of Science in Nursing Requirements
- MBA with an Emphasis in Healthcare Requirements
- International Graduate Requirements
- Graduate Certificate Requirements
- Post Baccalaureate & Endorsement Requirements
- College Credit Plus Student Requirements
- College Credit Plus Teacher Requirements
- Orientation & Welcome Weekend
- Apply Now
- The Admissions Team
- Associate Degree Majors
- Bachelor's Degree Majors
- Adolescent to Young Adult Education (7-12)
- Early Childhood Education (PK-3)
- American Education Studies
- Business Management
- Communication Arts
- Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Leadership
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Exercise Science
- Family Studies
- General Management
- Human Services Leadership
- Intervention Specialist K-12
- Liberal Studies
- Middle Childhood Education (4-9)
- Political Science
- Sports Management
- Master's Degrees
- Certificate Programs
- Post Baccalaureate
- College of Arts, Sciences & Education
- College of Professional & Applied Studies
- Honors Program
- Online Degrees
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Student Life
- Activities & Recreation
- Residence Halls
- Dining Services
- Campus Safety
- Student Services
- Activities & Recreation
- About Us
Earn a MBA and Increase Your Career Options in Heathcare
Healthcare and health services are experiencing unparalleled growth and change. As a result, the demand for well-rounded healthcare providers to oversee all aspects of healthcare facilities and the services they provide continues to increase.
Offered in partnership with medical schools, Urbana’s MBA with an Emphasis in Healthcare (MBA-Healthcare) integrates the functional areas of business with issues specific to healthcare administration. In this unique online program, you’ll build your knowledge of healthcare strategy and planning, operations, finance, accounting, economics, and global insurance models to position you for management and leadership in today’s dynamic healthcare environment.
Discover a Graduate Program with Courses on Healthcare Policy
Urbana’s Healthcare Administration MBA is designed specifically for individuals working in the healthcare industry, including medical students. Equipped with the MBA-Healthcare, you will become more than a physician – you will obtain the skills of a business-savvy professional who understands the administrative aspects of a healthcare organization.
Our flexible and convenient MBA-Healthcare can be completed online in as little as two years depending on applicable transfer credit and the number of courses taken at one time. Urbana’s accessible healthcare faculty are committed to broadening and enriching your managerial perspective on the needs of today’s dynamic healthcare industry.
Professor Kelly Evans-Wilson is an enthusiastic, results-driven visionary committed to excellence in business practice in a variety of fields. Her diverse professional experiences in business, higher-education administration and public health have uniquely suited her to shape future business leaders at Urbana.
Manage Your Career in Healthcare
The MBA-Healthcare equips healthcare professionals for leadership positions with a variety of agencies including hospitals, clinics, health centers, rehabilitation centers, physician’s practices, nursing homes, schools and insurance and pharmaceutical companies.
Demonstrate advanced knowledge of all functional business areas and relate them to healthcare issues
Demonstrate well-developed problem solving skills including the ability to recognize problems; analyze uncertain situations; interpret and use data and evidence to draw conclusion and solutions
Develop professional skills of report writing and oral presentations
Develop leadership and team skills
Use management theory to solve organizational problems within healthcare environment
Each graduate applicant is evaluated based upon program admission factors. These factors include but are not limited to the undergraduate education experience, which should demonstrate strong academic performance, letters of recommendation, and previous work and learning experiences. These factors help to identify those students who possess the ability and motivation to benefit from enrollment in Urbana University’s graduate programs.
MBA with an Emphasis in Healthcare Requirements/Materials:
- Completed graduate application
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited institution
- Official college transcripts from any college or university previously attended, demonstrating a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale
- Two letters of recommendation from professors and/or employers
579 College Way
Urbana, OH 43078
Or fax to (937) 484-1251 (fax must come directly from undergraduate institution)
If your college participates in an electronic transcript program, those may be emailed from that service to MBAhealthcare@urbana.edu
Nine courses are required. Each course is 4 credits.
Four terms are offered per year, if you take one class per term you can complete the program in 2.5 years. Most students will take one course every other term (12 weeks on and 12 weeks off) through Basic Sciences and take fewer breaks during Clinical Rotations to complete the program in 4 years.
Yes! You can take up to 5 years to complete the program from the time you start. If you need to take a term or two off, you will not be eligible for a loan for that term. However, the loans for your MBA won’t go into repayment as long as your time off does not extend beyond 6 consecutive months.
Get Started Today!