Human Services Leadership Major
Bachelor of Science Degree
This major provides you with an understanding of social behavior and human interactions and specialized knowledge in management and human services in order to prepare you for management positions in social services organizations. In order to qualify for admission to the program, you must have already earned an associate degree or equivalent and have with significant work experience in a social services-related profession.
The major consists of nine courses (36 semester hours) that can be completed in nine accelerated terms. Classes required for the major meet four hours per week and have at least one hour of directed study for a total of 40 hours. For all Human Services Leadership courses, the prerequisite is PSY 200 General Psychology and SOC 201 Introduction to Sociology.
- Students will demonstrate the knowledge necessary for employment
- Students will identify problems with diverse societal groups
- Students will relate theory to modern day social issues
- Students will identify work groups and interaction patterns of groups in an organization
- Students will describe the social, cultural, biological and psychological processes that impact and shape human growth and development