Healthcare Management Major
Major in Healthcare Management | BS in Healthcare Management Degree Program
New students are not currently being accepted into the Healthcare Management program at Urbana University. Please contact our Admissions team for additional information.
Healthcare and health services are a rapidly growing industry. Healthcare systems, facilities and practices need quality healthcare managers to oversee day-to-day operations.
A degree in healthcare management combines business skills with the high standards of patient care you already hold as a healthcare professional. You’ll gain knowledge of healthcare planning, systems, finance, compliance and informatics to position you for career advancement in healthcare leadership and management roles.
Choose Urbana University for a Convenient BS Degree in Healthcare Management
Urbana’s degree in healthcare management was designed for the working healthcare professional with an associate degree. The healthcare management degree program can be completed in as little as two years when you transfer in an associate degree and take several classes at a time.
Urbana’s accessible healthcare faculty are committed to broadening and enriching your perspective on the needs of today’s dynamic healthcare industry.
Leverage Your Skills to Find Healthcare Management Jobs
Healthcare management jobs can be found with a variety of agencies including hospitals, clinics, health centers, rehabilitation centers, physician’s practices, nursing homes, schools and insurance and pharmaceutical companies.
The Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management equips healthcare professionals to enter graduate programs and earn advanced degrees for careers as educators, administrators and researchers.
Meet Dr. Sue Green | Faculty Spotlight
Dr. Sue Green brings a wealth of experience and education to Urbana’s healthcare management program. As an RN, she spent over 15 years specializing in the care of women and children in addition to more than 25 years in nursing education. She has served on numerous committees, boards, and councils for health care agencies.
- Students will possess a clear understanding of the relationship between the functional areas of business
- Students will be proficient in the use of technology common to business practices
- Students will gain an understanding on how to communicate and act in a professional manner
- Students will be able to operate in a team building environment and interact with other business students
- Students will be able to think critically in business situations
- Students will be able to apply theory and organize solutions to business related problems