Master of Education

Graduate Admissions

Losch Hall
Phone: 937-772-9357
Fax: 937-484-1251

Apply online or download our application.

For many years the Masters of Education program has provided graduate-level instruction in education, equipping graduates throughout the region to flourish in their roles as educational leaders. However, because of recent changes in the needs of prospective graduate education students, the University has launched a thorough review of the program. We anticipate that the M.Ed. that will emerge from this review and revision will be even stronger, equipping students with the information, competencies and experiences they will need to excel as 21st century educators. Consequently, we are temporarily suspending admission to the program, not admitting any new degree-seeking students to the program after June 1, 2014.

We will continue to offer graduate-level course work in education, both to serve the students currently completing their M.Ed. degrees and educators who desire to take courses to renew their teaching credentials. Because of the University’s professional accreditation status, credits earned in the program may typically be transferred to other graduate programs. Additionally, when our M.Ed. curriculum is offered in the future, these credits may be used to satisfy the new degree requirements.


Faculty members who teach graduate courses possess rich backgrounds as educators, including relevant experience and scholarship. They serve as mentors as well as instructors to their students, eager to share the insights they have gained over their careers. See the faculty directory for the specific credentials and contact information of each faculty member.

Summer 2014 Graduate Education Course Offerings
Admission Requirements

To gain admission to the University to take graduate courses in education, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Hold a baccalaureate degree from a state-approved, regionally accredited college or university.
  • Have an undergraduate GPA of 2.70 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher as an undergraduate
  • Submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended.
  • Hold a valid teaching license in any state. (Note: Students who do not hold a valid teaching license should call for details on how to qualify for the MEd program at Urbana University).
  • Submit a statement of career aspirations, indicating how this course work degree will help you achieve your career objectives.
  • Complete the application for admission and submit it to Office of Graduate Admissions.

Admission Procedure

  • Send the completed application to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
  • Submit a photocopy of your teaching license(s).
  • Request an official transcript from each post-secondary institution attended and have it sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions.  Transcripts are considered official only when they are sent directly from the school and have a school seal or signature of a school official.

From Our Alumni

"Every goal starts with the first step."

-Tabitha Smith Chesser
Class of '93