The business environment is very competitive and constantly changing in a world of innovation and globalization. Therefore, there can be little doubt that one must be proactive in building a future. The decision to pursue a Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a next step that business professionals can take to enhance their careers.
The MBA program at Urbana University ia designed to be an interactive process with an exchange of ideas and views, as well as academics, allowing you to enhance your leadership and decision-making skills. Urbana's professors and MBA students are from diverse business and cultural backgrounds, which contributes to the program. A unique aspect of the Urbana University MBA program is that there is a high level of international student enrollment giving students the opportunity for a more global aspect.
The College of Business employs graduate faculty who have doctorate or equivalent terminal degrees. The graduate faculty represents a broad background of educational and practical expertise. They dedicate themselves to teaching and enjoy working with graduate students individually and in small class situations.
The objective of the Urbana University MBA program is to equip individuals with the advanced business skills that will enable them to enhance their career potential in the workplace.
Earning an MBA from Urbana can open a world of opportunities since future jobs will require masters' degrees and help you overcome obstacles that may prevent you from achieving greater success in your business field.
To enter the program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Possess an undergraduate degree from a state and regionally accredited college or university.
- Earn an acceptable undergraduate grade point average. "Acceptable" is defined as 2.7 on a 4.0 scale, or its equivalent.
- Submit official copies of all college transcripts to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Complete the admission application and submit it to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
Up to six (6) credits of graduate level coursework may be transferred from an accredited college or university.
How Do I Apply for Admission?
- Request an application for admission from the Office of Graduate Admissions (937-484-1327).
- Send the completed applicationto the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Request an official transcript from each post-secondary institution attended and have it sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Transcripts are considered official only when they are sent directly from the school and have a school seal or signature of a school official.
- Submit three supporting letters of recommendation from professors and/or employers attesting to the applicant's aptness as a manager and probable success as a graduate student.
Students may take graduate courses for credit without being accepted into the MBA program, provided the necessary application form is completed and a transcript showing an appropriate bachelor's degree from a state and regionally accredited institution is filed with the Office of Graduate Admissions. If a student wishes to transfer to degree status from unclassified student status, graduate admissions standards must be met and not more than nine (9) semester hours of graduate classes as an unclassified student will be accepted toward the MBA degree.