Major in Business Management | BS in Business Management Degree Program
Effective management is essential for any business to function. A professional with the skills to coordinate the financial and human resources of an organization is critical for day-to-day operations.
A degree in business management will provide you with a well-rounded foundation of business management courses in accounting, management, economics, human resources and marketing combined with skills in problem-solving, decision-making, leadership, communication, logic and interpersonal team dynamics.
Launch your Business Management Career with Urbana University
The BS in Business Management at Urbana University is a versatile program in the College of Professional and Applied Studies. A business management degree at Urbana University equips you with a broad-based, adaptable foundation of courses in business and effective leadership skills.
You won’t find a better mentoring experience – or faculty more eager to share the depth and breadth of their business management knowledge and experiences with you.
A business management degree prepares you for leadership and management positions in areas such as personnel management, organizational behavior, small business, healthcare, production, hospitality, communications and government agencies. It’s also a strong foundation for those who plan to continue on to MBA studies.
Meet Dr. Bill Blizzard| Faculty Spotlight
Dr. Bill Blizzard brings a wealth of experience to Urbana University classrooms. From military officer and military pilot to corporate owner and president, his professional experience spans 30 years in operations management.
- Students will possess a clear understanding of the relationship between the functional areas of business
- Students will be proficient in the use of technology common to business practices
- Students will gain an understanding on how to communicate and act in a professional manner
- Students will be able to operate in a team building environment and interact with other business students
- Students will be able to think critically in business situations
- Students will be able to apply theory and organize solutions to business related problems
Get Started Today