Business Management Degree Program
Effective management is essential for any business to function. A professional with the skills to coordinate the financial and human resources of an organization is critical for day-to-day operations.
A degree in business management will provide you with a well-rounded foundation of business management courses in accounting, management, economics, human resources and marketing combined with skills in problem-solving, decision-making, leadership, communication, logic and interpersonal team dynamics.
Launch your Business Management Career with Urbana University
The BS in Business Management at Urbana University is a versatile program in the College of Professional and Applied Studies. A business management degree at Urbana University equips you with a broad-based, adaptable foundation of courses in business and effective leadership skills.
You won’t find a better mentoring experience – or faculty more eager to share the depth and breadth of their business management knowledge and experiences with you.
A business management degree prepares you for leadership and management positions in areas such as personnel management, organizational behavior, small business, healthcare, production, hospitality, communications and government agencies. It’s also a strong foundation for those who plan to continue on to MBA studies.
Meet Dr. Bill Blizzard| Faculty Spotlight
Dr. Bill Blizzard brings a wealth of experience to Urbana University classrooms. From military officer and military pilot to corporate owner and president, his professional experience spans 30 years in operations management.
- Students will possess a clear understanding of the relationship between the functional areas of business
- Students will be proficient in the use of technology common to business practices
- Students will gain an understanding on how to communicate and act in a professional manner
- Students will be able to operate in a team building environment and interact with other business students
- Students will be able to think critically in business situations
- Students will be able to apply theory and organize solutions to business related problems
Interested in Urbana’s Business Management major? Take the next step and visit campus!
Located in west central Ohio, Urbana University is less than an hour's drive from Columbus and Dayton, and we’re close to other cities like Bellefontaine, Fairborn, London, Marysville, Piqua, Sidney, Springfield and Troy.
Take a trip to campus and find out if Urbana's business management major and courses are right for you. Get started by scheduling your visit today!
Get Started Today