Bachelor of Science Degree
Add up the advantages to an accounting career
Accountants are fluent in the “language of business” and are critical to the management, documentation and communication of the financial activities within an organization. Accounting is a great career choice that will challenge you professionally and give you an opportunity to work in a variety of industries in the private, nonprofit or government sectors.
Accounting requires an attention to detail and an interest in staying current with technology, as well as the regulations that impact the accounting profession.
Here’s what you’ll LEARN:
Your coursework will provide a general approach to accounting. You will begin your studies in business with an interrelated sequence of business-oriented courses in the basic principles of accounting, business law, economics, computer science, statistics, management, marketing and finance. Building upon this basic knowledge, you’ll take more advanced courses in quantitative methods, business ethics and report writing, as well as a business seminar. While taking these courses, you will expand your general knowledge by studying areas of accounting that are very important to the operation of a business or organization.
In addition to understanding how accounting serves all areas of a business, you gain solid skills in technology, communication, critical thinking and problem solving and emerge equipped with the skills for success in accounting.
Here’s what you can DO:
- Credit Analyst
- Forensic Accountant
- Staff Accountant
- Tax Specialist
- Students will possess a clear understanding of the relationship between the functional areas of business
- Students will be proficient in the use of technology common to business practices
- Students will gain an understanding on how to communicate and act in a professional manner
- Students will be able to operate in a team building environment and interact with other business students
- Students will be able to think critically in business situations
- Students will be able to apply theory and organize solutions to business related problems
Get Started Today