Master of Business Administration – Center for Adult and Professional Studies – CAPS
An Urbana MBA offers students the opportunity to engage deeply with the issues shaping today’s business world, understand the practical applications of theories in management and marketing, and reflect on values-based business practices. This degree program is designed to support the goals of working adults who see themselves as potential leaders in business.
MBA Course Topics
Urbana’s MBA is accelerated, with a sequential 12-course structure that allows you to concentrate on one subject at a time. Each course builds logically on the next, giving you the opportunity to absorb theories for an integrated understanding of today’s business environment. Courses in the core MBA curriculum include:
- Business Analytics
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Ethical and Legal Issues
- Global Environment of Business
- Knowledge and Information Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Managerial Economics
- Managing Organizations and Human Resources
- Organizational Behavior
To graduate, all MBA students complete a capstone experience that allows them to demonstrate mastery of the concepts and skills taught throughout the course, combining case studies and an integrative research project that connects course material to their workplace.
Assuming you complete each course in a satisfactory manner, you can graduate in as little as 24 months from this 36-credit program.
Who Can Apply?
Prospective MBA students must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education. To apply, you must provide us with:
- Official college transcript(s) showing that you hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, and that you graduated with at least a 2.7 GPA.
- Three references from professors or workplace supervisors who can attest that you are a suitable candidate for graduate study.
- Current Resume
- If your first language was not English, you will need to provide official proof that you have passed the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a 550 or better.
- A completed application form with application fee.