Bachelor of Science in Human Services Leadership – Center for Adult and Professional Studies
Complete your bachelor’s degree in human services leadership through our Center for Adult and Professional Studies (CAPS). The Bachelor of Science in Human Services Leadership (BS-HSL) program focuses on the theories underpinning human behaviour and social structures, along with targeted skills development in human services administration and management.
Students in this program have the opportunity to prepare for meaningful careers managing projects, people, and processes within human services organizations.
Course Topics for the BS-HSL
The Bachelor of Science in Human Services Leadership program is a degree completion program consisting of nine courses, for a total of 36 credit hours.
Students take courses one at a time, in eight-week blocks. This format allows for intensive study of each concept. Courses within the major include:
- Human Development
- Human Services Organizational Behaviour and Management
- Mental Health, Deviance and Social Control
- Social Theory and Social Problems
This degree program focuses on practical application of knowledge. Instructors are experienced human services practitioners, and learning experiences are designed to provide students with concepts they can use on the job immediately.
Students are eligible for graduation upon completion of 126 total credit hours, from previous colleges and study with Urbana.
Who Can Apply?
If you want to apply, you will need to provide us with:
- Official high school transcript and college transcripts from all institutions attended. If you have an associate degree from a regionally accredited college or university, you do not need to provide a high school transcript.
- Official proof that you have passed the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a 550 or better if you are from outside the U.S.
- A completed application form with $25.00 application fee.
If you need to take general education requirements before beginning the 36-credit degree completion core, you can meet with an academic advisor to develop an individualized academic plan.