Bachelor of Science in Business Management – Center for Adult and Professional Studies – CAPS
Urbana University offers working adults the opportunity to complete a bachelor’s degree in business management through our Center for Adult and Professional Studies (CAPS). The Bachelor of Science in Business Management (BSBM) program focuses on the theory and practice of managing people and processes in today’s rapid-fire, globally-connected business environment.
Students in this program have the opportunity to pursue rigorous liberal arts coursework that supports evidence-based decision making skills while developing practical specialized knowledge in business.
Course Topics for the BSBM
Courses for the Bachelor of Science in Business Management are taken sequentially, in eight-week blocks. This allows for intensive study of concepts. Courses within the major include:
- Business Analytics
- Entrepreneurship and Ethical Business Practice
- Financial Decision-Making
- Management and Leadership Techniques and Methods
- Tactical and Strategic Marketing
The curriculum of this degree program is designed to emphasize practical application of concepts. You should be able to take what you learn in class and apply it at work the next day.
Who Can Apply?
Urbana prefers that applicants to the BSBM program have at least two years of full-time work experience and prefer that you have 57 credits’ worth of transferable college coursework (classes earned at a regionally accredited institution with a grade “C” or higher). You will need to provide us with:
- Official high school transcript and college transcripts from all institutions attended. If you have an associate degree from a regionally accredited college or university, you do not need to provide a high school transcript.
- Official proof that you have passed the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a 550 or better if you are from outside the U.S.
- A completed application form with $25.00 application fee.