Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Leadership – Center for Adult and Professional Studies – CAPS
Develop the skills you need to pursue supervisory and entry-level management roles in the criminal justice field. Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Leadership with Urbana University’s Center for Adult and Professional Studies (CAPS).
Our BSCJL program is a degree completion program designed for students who hold an associate’s degree and have significant work experience in a criminal justice-related occupation. Graduates of this program can seek employment in social and human services organizations as well as criminal justice departments. This degree also lays a foundation for graduate-level criminal justice study.
Course Topics for the BSCJL
Urbana has designed the BS in Criminal Justice Leadership to follow an accelerated format. You will take courses one at a time, in order to focus intensively on each topic and build on your skills in a logical sequence. Topics of study include:
- Deviance and Social Control
- Origins of Social Problems
- Organizational Behavior
- Principles of Management
Who Can Apply?
Urbana prefers that applicants to the BS in Criminal Justice Leadership program have experience in a criminal justice-related profession. We also prefer that you have 57 credits’ worth of transferable college coursework (classes earned at a regionally accredited institution with a grade “C” or higher). You will need to provide us with:
- Official high school transcript and college transcripts from all institutions attended. If you have an associate degree from a regionally accredited college or university, you do not need to provide a high school transcript.
- Official proof that you have passed the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a 550 or better if you are from outside the U.S.
- A completed application form with $25.00 application fee.