Financial Aid Information – Center for Adult and Professional Studies

Working adult students in our CAPS Programs are able to apply for financial aid just like traditional college students. This page gives a brief outline of costs, financing options, and the application process. For full details, please download our financial aid guide for CAPS students or contact our Financial Aid department.


Tuition is billed per semester hour. Most classes are 3 or 4 semester hours each. Multiply the cost per hour by the number of semester hours you plan to take in a year to estimate your tuition costs.

  • Bachelor of Science in Business Management, Bachelor of Science in Human Services Leadership, Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Leadership and Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree completion programs: $445 per semester hour.
  • Master of Business Administration, Master of Science in Nursing and Master of Arts in Criminal Justice Administration: $510 per semester hour.


Fees cover the administrative costs of enrollment, registration, and more.

  • Application Fee: $25
  • Graduation Fee (Graduate): $145
  • Graduation Fee (Undergraduates): $100
  • Late Payment Fee: $20 per month
  • Official Transcript Fee: $8

Fees are non-refundable, non-waivable, and must be paid in full before you can graduate.

Clinical fees for Nursing

RN-BSN Program
Health Assessment - $50
Clinical Practicum in Community Health - $125
Clinical Practicum in Leadership/Mgmt. - $125

MSN Program
Nursing Administration Practicum - $125
Nursing Education Practicum - $125

Financing Options

Depending on your personal financial situation, you may be eligible for federal financial aid. This includes loans which accrue interest and must be paid back, as well as grants, which are reserved for exceptionally needy students.

Undergraduate federal aid includes:

  • Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loans
  • Federal Subsidized Stafford Loans
  • Pell Grants
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FESOGs)
  • Perkins Loans

Graduate federal aid includes:

  • Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loans
  • Graduate PLUS Loans

In addition, military students can finance their education at Urbana CAPS with Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits. Urbana also accepts private educational loans from non-government lenders.

For full details about these financing options, including the most recent published interest rates, please see our guide to financial aid.

Applying for Aid

The application process begins with the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), which you must complete online every year that you study. This form lets you outline your current financial situation and allows the government to come up with an Estimated Family Contribution (EFC)—the amount you can reasonably be expected to pay out of pocket. Please use school code "003133" when applying.

The difference between your EFC and the cost of attending Urbana is covered by your financial aid package. For most people this will involve a mix of loans from the government and private lenders; for very needy students it may involve a mix of loans and grants.

Obtain a Federal PIN at, and then fill out the FAFSA at After you apply for financial aid, Urbana will review your FAFSA information to determine how much aid we can offer you.

Contact Financial Aid

For more information about applying for financial aid as a CAPS student, contact our Financial Aid department today: 937-484-1355 or